Saturday, 19 February 2011

Never use a long word where a short one will do

Dave's speechwriter was given the advice above from George Orwell but got bored half-way through the sentence; this is why Dave speaks like a robot:

I said it then, I'll say it again
For our country
I don't care what they say
It's just right and it's good
For our people
They say I must speak like this
For our children
With just short words
For our future
I am a man
A man with ideas
A man with no Plan B
And that's plain wrong
For our society

Exclusive before and after pics of Dave's facial treatment:


2 comments:

  1. The appropriate part of this link is right at the end, summing up your point.


    http://counsellingclassandincome.blogspot.com/2011/02/media-has-been-alive-with-opinion-today.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Being forced to give prisoners the vote makes me sick.’
    David Cameron,
    November 2010

    Indeed, so intelligently argued!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated and posted unless offensive or spam